Where is my Chatterino folder located?¶
Commands and Settings have a small backup mechanism that saves the older version in a file like commands.json.bkp-2 in case you want to return to older versions of the file.
- commands.json - Will contain all your Chatterino commands
- settings.json - This contains most of your settings, including sensitive data like your login token
- window-layout.json - This contains information which tabs and splits you have open and how they are positioned
- irc.json - When you have a non-twitch IRC connection, this contains the configured servers and settings
How do I delete the Chatterino cache / settings?¶
Navigate to your Chatterino folder and remove corresponding folders.
- The Cache folder contains cached network requests from Chatterino.
- The Logs folder contains chat logs from chats you've had open in Chatterino.
- The Misc folder contains internal information about the current running instance of Chatterino.
- The Settings folder contains any settings you may have configured in Chatterino (e.g. font size, highlight phrases) and your list of channels open.
My settings / commands / window layout are not saving¶
This is usually a case because Chatterino is unable to save settings on your disk. To fix that, try following steps:
- Run Chatterino as Administrator.
- Back up your settings by copying them from your Chatterino folder to a safe location on your disk and delete them. Restart your computer and try launching Chatterino again.
- Back up your settings, uninstall Chatterino and install it again, but make sure
Fresh Installoption is checked.
- Try running Chatterino in portable mode.
Last update: March 27, 2023 13:20:55